The Benefits of Regular Auto Tune Ups in Louisville, KY
Posted on November 1, 2015 by Douglas Addington
Area drivers may put off scheduling regular auto tune ups in Louisville, KY because they believe they lack the time or the service is too expensive. Tune ups, though, will save you time and money by helping you avoid major repairs and losing access to your vehicle. If you doubt the utility of a good tune up, keep reading to learn of the benefits of this routine maintenance:
- Improved gas mileage: We all want to save on fuel. One of the best ways to do that is to help your engine run more efficiently. A tune up that replaces spark plugs and other worn and dirty parts will help your engine drink up less gas. That is good for your pocket book as well as for the environment.
- Improved performance: The same steps taken to improve gas mileage will also help acceleration and handling. Spark plugs, plug wires, distributor caps, ignition rooters, fuel filters, belts and the air filter will all slow down your car when they are full of debris or wearing out. You do not have to spend much money to replace these items, but once you do, you will feel the difference every time you merge on a highway.
- Preventative repairs: Tune ups are an opportunity for your mechanic to find necessary work on your car parts before they fail on you. It is a lot less expensive to tackle these preventative repairs than to experience a catastrophic breakdown and not only have to replace those parts, but also everything else that the broken part took with it. Besides preventing breakdowns, some of these repairs just eliminate the need for more expensive work later. Replacing brake pads, for example, is much less expensive than wearing out your brakes and needing new ones.
- Longer engine life: Removing the worn out parts and giving the engine a good cleaning also adds more years and miles to your engine. Just like any other machine, cars run better when they are properly cared for. Taking those steps means it will take care of you as well as you take care of it.
- Reduced emissions: No one wants to drive behind the older car that spews out black soot. Your maintenance investment will help your car run cleaner, as well as better. There is no reason why your vehicle needs to ruin the air for everyone else.
- Long term cost savings: All of this together means you save more money than you spend on the tune up. You are more likely to avoid breakdowns, and any major repairs can be planned rather than sneak up as a surprise. There is also the opportunity to replace parts before they fail. While you may not like paying that bill when you pick up your car after a tune up, trust us when we say that it could look much worse.
St. Matthews Imports – Auto Repair & Service is available for general repairs and auto tune ups in Louisville, KY. Call us today to make that appointment for deferred maintenance.