The engine is to your vehicle what the heart is to your body. Just like a healthy heart can improve the life of a person, a healthy engine improves the life of your vehicle.
Proper engine care will keep your vehicle safe and functional on the roads of Louisville. However, should you need engine repair work, St. Matthews Imports are your engine repair specialists in Louisville, Kentucky!
How Can I Tell if My Engine Needs Service?
Monitoring your engine carefully will extend the life of your vehicle and can make driving the roads of Louisville more enjoyable! Proper care not only involves routine maintenance and care such as using quality gas, regular oil changes, and reasonable driving habits, but also paying attention to the warning signs your vehicle is designed to exhibit when there is a problem.
Signs your vehicle might need service:
- Warning Lights – Pay attention to the warning lights on your dashboard. The onboard computer is designed to alert you to problems that you cannot see, hear, or smell
- Stalling – If your vehicle suddenly loses power when accelerating, it’s time to come see us. If you were to stall out in an intersection, it could put you in a dangerous situation.
- Poor Fuel Mileage – Take note of your average miles per gallon each time you fill up. This good habit will let you know when your engine is not performing at it’s best.
- Squealing/Screaming Belts – When you accelerate and your car emits a high and loud whine, you probably have a few belts that are slipping and need to be replaced. This can affect fuel economy, so don’t try to “just live with it.”
- Frequent or Loud Knocking/Pinging/Vibrating – Chances are, your vehicle didn’t make those noises when it was driven off the car lot, so it shouldn’t do that now. A knock or ping from time to time isn’t cause for a lot of alarm, however, a more frequent occurrence could indicate problems building under the hood.
Taking Care of Your Engine
- Change the Oil every 3,000 miles
- Use quality fuel
- Don’t “slam” the gas pedal when accelerating and rev the engine RPM’s extremely high
- Listen from time to time for any new sounds
- Change spark plugs/tune up every 30K miles.
Frequently Asked Engine Repair Questions
What else can we help you with?
Auto Engine Replacement and Repair Services received 4.5 stars out of 5 based on 12 reviews on Yelp.