Five Things to Look for in a Trustworthy and Capable Mechanic
Posted on March 1, 2015 by Douglas Addington
When it comes to your vehicle—whether it’s in need of repairs or just basic maintenance—you’re not going to hand over the keys to just anyone to service it; you’re going to want a professional who knows exactly what they’re doing. We’ve all heard horror stories about people who trust the wrong mechanic in Louisville, KY and walk away from the experience spending more money than they should’ve, for work that’s not up to par.
At St. Matthew’s Import, we aim to be the opposite of a horror story—we want to provide an experience that you can be proud to tell your friends and family about when they ask about your perfectly running vehicle. To this end, we staff only trained professionals with years of experience and a passion for their work. In fact, we invite you to judge our mechanics in Louisville, KY on the five criteria that we look for when it comes to servicing our own vehicles! Take a look:
- Certifications and accreditations: At our auto body shop, we take our accreditations seriously and strive to always uphold the rigorous standards that it takes to achieve these certifications. At our shop, you’ll only find mechanics who are ASE Certified, AAA Approved Auto Repair professionals and I-Car Gold Class members. In fact, our entire shop is also Better Business Bureau Accredited, to show our dedication to the standards we’re held to.
- Experience and expertise: It’s no use in hiring a mechanic in Louisville, KY who isn’t familiar with the work they’ll be doing on your vehicle, which is why we hire only experienced techs with a bevy of knowledge under their belts. Our mechanics are all familiar with a myriad of automotive repairs and maintenance items and can assess and perform the necessary fixes with fluidity.
- Honesty and integrity: When the problem is out of your hands and you’re putting your trust in someone else to fix it, you want them to be honest with you and have the integrity to treat you with respect. At St. Matthews Imports, we believe this is truly a pillar of good business and take pride in hiring mechanics who are honest, professional and respectful to all of our clients. We’ll give you the bottom line, whether it’s good news or bad news, and won’t beat around the bush.
- Quality workmanship: You don’t want to drive off of a shop floor thinking that your problem has been completely addressed, only to have it creep back up a few miles down the line to plague you all over again! When you come to our shop, our work is guaranteed and is performed to the highest quality standards possible. It’s our mission to only provide great work—nothing less.
- Competitive pricing: Often times when it comes to auto mechanics, there’s a tradeoff between great work and great pricing, but it doesn’t always have to be that way! We’re here to ensure that you get the best of both worlds, because we believe that quality work is a standard, while great pricing is a courtesy—we’re happy to extend both to our customers.
If you keep these five things in mind when searching for a good auto mechanic in Louisville, KY, we’re certain it’ll lead you to St. Matthews Imports—and when it does, we’ll be happy to serve you.